Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Feeling 33

It's now 33 days until my birthday, and honestly, I've been a little apprehensive about that number. Although I know that age is only a number, this number in particular seems more fit for mothers of three or two children; or women who have made significant progress in their careers, or have accumulated multiple degrees. And then there's me - a childless newlywed who's still growing in her profession. Since accepting myself and "owning my story" are two of the things I've been working on, I've decided to take these days leading up to my birthday to find ways to not only recognize who I am, but to celebrate life. I'm calling this little endeavor "Feeling 33" (like the line in the Taylor Swift song - or "Tay Tay" as my husband calls her -  "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22").
Let project Feeling 33 commence!

3 comments:

  1. Life is like that. I'm still writing my story at 66. I'm glad we have each other! And I thank YOU for making my life so much better and so much fun! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gone through a lot of similar thoughts. I can't wait to hear about "Feeling 33"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta agree with Gpa here. I think self-acceptance and owning it are the Big Challenges of life and things we (hopefully) never stop working on. I also think, no matter where you are in life, you have feelings like the ones you described. (Most people just don't own up to it). :) Nevertheless! I love your honesty and adore the way you're embracing this! xx

    ReplyDelete