Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Oh where is my Easter Puffalump

Feeling 33

Seeing the adorable Easter egg garland that my niece and nephew made (pictures posted by my sister-in-law on their amazing blog), made me so excited about Easter!...and a little bit sad, as I realized that Easter is just a few days away and it isn't even CLOSE to Beginning to Look a Lot Like Easter in our home.
My hubby and I have a lot of stuff. What can I say, we're Geeks. And Geeks have lots of books, movies, magazines, comic books, journals, collectibles, and other things. Having so much stuff, however, requires us to be creative when it comes to adding decorations to our little apartment around all the stuff. I think we did a pretty rockin' job with Christmas, Valentine's Day was not bad, St Patrick's Day was a noble effort (as we're not Irish), but try as we might, we seem to be lacking in the Easter decor. It pains me to say that I can't find my purple Easter Puffalump (brought to moi by the Easter Bunny many moons ago). BUT I still have my Peter Rabbit (from the Easter Bunny, circa 1989 - I think).
I always loved how my childhood home looked all decorated from Easter, and I must say that I had the best Easter basket when I was little (it had iridescent Easter grass). So even though a part of me wishes that I could recreate the kind of Easter decor that I had growing up, I'm so excited to celebrate our first Easter together as husband and wife - and all of the Easters we have to look forward to together! Our Easter decor may be small, but it's just the foundation. And after all, it isn't the decorations, it's the memories that mean the most.

1 comment: