Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Miracles

Feeling 33

For some reason, I've been clumsier than usual lately. For example:

- As I was hanging a group of photos above our TV, I hit my head on the bookcase next to the TV table. It hurt for days.

- Not two days later, I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Because I didn't turn the light on, as I turned to walk back into the bedroom, I walked right into the door, slamming my right eye. I thought for sure I'd have a black eye when I woke up, but instead it just hurt a ton every time I tried to put on make-up.

- And then, while getting ready to take a shower, I knocked my head into the shower caddy after turning on the water - in the same place I'd hit it on the bookcase earlier in the week.

Yep, that all happened within the same week.

(Also, I have a dark bruise on my knee and I have NO idea how it got there.)

So, while at work, I had an idea - what if I could teach myself to trip! You know, like how people do these optical illusions or stage combat thingys. I mean, since I have a clumsy tendency anyway, what if I could trip at will! How cool would that be? (In my defense, I've been very tired lately.)

But let me tell you, learning how to pretend trip is a lot harder than being naturally clumsy. Every time I would try to pretend trip, my instincts would kick in, trying to keep me safe. It got me thinking - aren't our bodies miraculous? Not only the way we have reflexes to catch ourselves, but also the way our body heals after we get injured. (I realized this after accidentally slicing my finger while washing my Ninja Pro Master Blender.)

So, even though my clumsiness can be a little annoying (and painful), I'm so grateful for this body of mine.

I'm still going to work on my pretend tripping, though!

1 comment: