Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Fancy

Feeling 33

On my list of things to do before I turn 33, one of them was to make a soufflé. I'm not sure why, they just always sound so fancy and elegant, and it makes you sound like you know your way around a kitchen. Think about it, someone asks, "what did you make for dessert?" You say, "oh, I made some brownies." Sounds yummy, but it's pretty common (not that that's a bad thing. I'm never going t turn down brownies!). Now, if someone says they made a soufflé for dessert, my eyes widen and my voice gets all high and I go, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!" Sort of like the green aliens' reaction in "Toy Story" only much higher. They just sound so classy and sophisticated.

Using an "easy" recipe I found on Pinterest, I attempted these mini individual chocolate soufflés for me and the hubby.

Despite my lack of kitchen counter space, I managed to follow all the steps and watch with wonder as the egg whites became all fluffy. (And let me add, phrases such as "do not overbeat" and "fold gently into the mixture" fill me with terror because I have a tendency to over do things when it comes to cooking.)

Using my beautiful bright pink Kitchen Aid mixer (thanks, Steve and Dad!) and the mini ramekins that we got for our wedding, the soufflés turned out light and fluffy - they tasted like a warm chocolate marshmallow cake.

Note: my hubby's soufflés DID collapse as it sat for a while before he got home from work, but I managed to get some pictures of the soufflés immediately before and after they were in the oven.

I'd say they were a success for my first soufflés. Cross that off the bucket list!

3 comments:

  1. #NailedIt

    Looks Super Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I've always been too intimidated to make souffles, but you've inspired me to try it!

    ReplyDelete