Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Sparkly Delights

Feeling 33

A dear friend and mentor of mine, Ramona Zabriskie, put into print a concept that most of us know, subconsciously - women need pampering (or "delighting" as she calls it). It's important that we find ways to boost our spirits in small ways each day. In her book, "Wife For Life: The Power to Succeed in Marriage" (one of my favorite reads of this year and of all time), she writes, "Delighting your own heart relieves everyone in the family [and I would add, everyone in your life - coworkers, friends, etc.] from the impossible responsibility of making or keeping you happy from day to day. It frees your heart to spend less energy on stress and self-pity, and far more energy on those you love."

Basically, you can't rely on anyone else to make you happy. And anyone who knows me knows that what I LOVE more than soda, "Psych" and food, are sparkles.

One of the ways that I've taken to "delighting" my heart is with my wide array of (mostly) sparkly make-up. I think I may have a make-up collecting addiction....

I may not have anywhere "special" to go, but using and mixing different colors and shades brings out the artist in me - it's like a mini art project every day and allows me to be creative.

It's just another way to bring more sparkle into my life. And you can never have too much sparkle.

2 comments: