Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Monday, April 6, 2015

Pass It On

Feeling 33

This past Valentine's Day, I was SO EXCITED to get home after a looooong day of work to be with my honey (and eat Chinese food on heart shaped plates. That's winning right there). You know how you feel like you just can't get home fast enough after a long day? I decided to take the toll road home so that I could get there as fast as possible. With my money ready, I slowed to a stop at the toll plaza, only to be told by the booth operator to go ahead, someone else paid extra for another car's toll. Just that little surprise made the day even better. So, when I started the list of potential ideas that would become "Feeling 33", paying a stranger's toll made it on to the list.

Since I don't take toll roads that often, it wasn't until this week that I actually had the opportunity to "pay it forward". I got my money all set, and when I reached the toll booth, I told the operator that I'd like to pay for the car behind me, as well. As I drove away, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the car behind me reach out to hand over his money, and then I saw the booth operator gesture towards my vehicle driving away. I have no idea who the driver was, or what his response was, but it felt so good to know that maybe I'd made his day a little bit better.

Pass it on!

1 comment: