Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Friday, April 3, 2015

My Timehop Bores Me (and why that's a good thing)

Feeling 33

Ahh, Timehop. Another social media tool to let the world know what we're doing - or rather, what we did. Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty nifty. It's fun to look back and see how far I've come, and also be reminded how time flies. But my Timehop is also pretty boring. And I'm ok with that.

Whenever I see the Timehop notification that invites me to take a look back over what I was doing last year, two years, or seven years ago (because that's when I really started using social media), I get all excited - it's like a shiny package that I can't wait to open.

But then I find myself scrolling to the end of it and feeling like, "that's all? That's all that happened?" Ok, I'm being melodramatic. There are a lot of good things and fond memories from the past few years, but I also feel like there are some wonderful things happening right now, and to use an old cliche, "the best is yet to come." 

So as much fun as I've had in years past, I have no desire to go back, because it just keeps getting better and better. 

#gettingbetterallthetime
#thebestisyettocome
#howmanysongtitlescaniputinthispost
#blessed

1 comment: