Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My life is awesome

So, I'm driving home last night, and as I drive by a local Verizon store, I see this guy

Actually, first I saw a whole bunch of bright lights in the Verizon parking lot, and a guy in full Jedi gear who looks like he took a wrong turn on his way to a Comic-Con.  I slow down a little bit just in time to see him (or it) - a lifesize R2-D2 is there in the parking lot as a crowd of fans look on in awe.  You would've thought that they were lining up to see a REAL celebrity......and according to myself and other sci-fi nerds, they were.

I got so excited.  I really, really wanted to get my picture taken with him (or it??), but I had the sister missionaries in the car with me (coming back from an awesome temple tour), and it was near their curfew, so we had to drive on by.  But my already awesome night just got a little bit awesomer.  *Sigh*  I love my life!

Turns out, the "celebrity appearance" was because of this
the new Droid 2 phone from Verizon.  I still don't entirely know all the stuff that it does, but it looks super-cool.
Just another one of those new gizmos that we've lived without for a bazillion years, yet now can't survive without them.  Kind of reminds me of a battery operated pith helmet with fan

(Can you guess what movie this is?  Click here to find out!)
 Or most of the items in Sky Mall.


You know, one of those items that make us wonder, "Why is this necessary in life?"

Because it's awesome.

2 comments: