Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

All Growns Up

I finally did it!!!
After 2 colleges, one associate's degree, a mission, and many steps off the beaten path, I received my bachelor's degree from Brigham Young University! 
That's me!









Mom and Gina flew out to attend my graduation, and it was so wonderful to all be together to celebrate!

Me and Mom outside the Marriott Center after commencement.
With Gina before leaving for commencement.
Sisters!
It was so much fun having all of the "Gabriel Girls" together again!


With Mia!
Even my best friend, Lisa, came to convocation!


 Mia and Gina got me a present for graduation - a graduation cap and gown for Buddy, my build-a-bear.  (And yes, I took him with me to convocation.  But he didn't walk across the stage with me haha.)















Even though it took me longer than many to receive my degree, as I contemplate my path to graduation, I am so grateful for the people, places and experiences that have been a part of my life for the past 2 1/2 years.

I'm especially grateful to have received my degree from BYU.  Never in a million years did I imagine that I'd ever be a "cougar," but it turned out to be the exact place I needed to be.  I have been so truly blessed with the most AMAZING experiences and opportunities - and I'm so excited for what's in store for the future!

1 comment: