Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Monday, September 27, 2010

"And that is all that love's about....."

I suddenly found myself in the mood to watch "WALL-E" this weekend.  And then, while channel surfing today, I found it was on Disney XD, and so I watched it AGAIN.  (I guess I was more in a "WALL-E" mood than I thought!)  So, since I've got WALL-E on the brain, and since it's about time for another blog post, I thought I'd dedicate this one to my favorite robot.  Enjoy the visual feast. :)
(Seriously, how can you not love this guy?)
 The first time I saw "WALL-E," I loved it - it's a Pixar film, after all, so not loving one of their films, is like saying I don't love oxygen - yet I couldn't see myself owning the movie because of it's "darker" undertones (i.e. the save-the-planet agenda, the dehumanization of the world through technology, etc.).  But, of course I caved and bought it.  And it totally gets better every time.
 The artwork is absolutely phenomenal - it's easy to forget the film is computer-generated.
Awesome fact courtesy of IMDB
The makers consulted with (totally amazing) live-action director of photography, Roger Deakins, to learn how Deakins would light and shoot scenes if it were a live-action movie.


Sure, there are the environmental themes of the film, but what makes the film so moving is the humanity WALL-E is endowed with - his quirks, his imperfections, his dreams, his yearning to connect to others.  I would assert that what makes WALL-E so lovable is that he is the Everyman........or the Everyrobot. :) 

Another fun fact:
"Director Andrew Stanton and the Pixar team watched every single Charles Chaplin and Buster Keaton movie (the short films and the features) every day during lunch for about a year and a half. This was to inspire the possibilities of pure visual storytelling."

Look at this face - so much emotion in those eyes!


Of course, being the romantic that I am, what I especially love about the film is the love story between WALL-E and EVE.  Just watching them together makes me want someone to hold hands with....



I want WALL-E as a boyfriend. ;)

Gorgeous artwork, adventure, romance, inspiring messages.....What more can I say?  This film just makes me happy. :)


And so, to echo the words from the song, "...it only takes a moment to be loved a whole life long."
Ok, so he's a robot, and - oh, yeah - he's not real.  But it's films like this that make me appreciate the simple joys in life - like love, friendship, and the beauty of the world.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT post! Love the photos! You rock and I love you! I'll watch it with you anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, wall-e. i have to watch that movie on one of my "good" days to fully appreciate it and not be bitter. it is great, nonetheless. and so are you! huzzah!

    ReplyDelete