Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I win the Most Awkward Award

(Not to be confused with the contest my sister won to meet the cast of "Awkward"....)

So, the other day I was headed into work and I decided to take a shortcut to check in for my shift. I thought I knew the way to go, but somehow I ended up in the wrong break room and came face to face with...a group of hunky men. Let's just say they are in very good shape. And do some pretty cool stunts.

"Hey!" one of them greeted me, "Come on in!" I knew he was just humoring the Poor Dweeby Lost Girl who obviously was in the wrong place. I could feel my awkwardness diffusing through the air.

"Sorry, " I said. "I'm lost..." and  I proceeded to tell them what I thought this place was - the place I was looking for.

"Nope," said the friendly stunt guy. "This isn't it."

I wanted to beeline out of there as fast as I could but I couldn't resist. So, before turning around and leaving I said, "Nope, it sure isn't - it's better looking!"






3 comments:

  1. as a member of the awkward community, i just want to say that you're our hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! You probably made their day. :)

    ReplyDelete