Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Dress Post Part II

I'd wanted to include a picture of my "Titanic"-inspired prom dress yesterday, but since I graduated high school in 2000, digital pictures were not what they are today.  Luckily, my dad is a whiz at scanning, so he sent me one of the pictures.  Thanks, Dad!
Yes, my mom sewed pearls on the bodice!
In all honestly, my junior prom was such a dud - talk about an event that had NOT lived up to the hype.  But I loved my dress (and my hair).  And I've been able to dress up for other occasions that were waaaaaaaaay more fun.
My brother and sister-in-law's wedding reception, 2003
A pink, sparkly dress - doesn't get much more fun!

My "prom" dress for NYSTI's "A Wonderful Life"
(My heel got caught in the skirt a few times during the big Charleston number.)
Bridesmaid for my friend's wedding,
2005
Maybe someday I'll get to wear this dress:
(Well, maybe not, but a girl can dream!)

5 comments:

  1. Yep! That's Adele! Beautiful!!! I can see you in that last dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your prom dress so much! I used to go into the front closet and just look at it and admire when I was little. I so jealous! PS You look so lumping (not lumpy) gorgeous in all of these pictures! Holy crap, you are a BABE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mia! They were all taken so long ago! I was so young and full of hope lol. (And YOU are lumping gorgeous!)

      Delete
  3. So did you make your prom dress? Or did you find one close and alter it or...? It's beautiful! And you're beautiful. I love period dresses, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom and I collaborated - ok, well, she did most of it!

      Delete