Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm an Auntie!

It seems like only yesterday I got a call from my brother and sister-in-law with some exciting news: I was going to be an aunt!  I was so happy from the news I danced around the house for the rest of the night.  (No joke.  This was pretty much what I looked like:)

This past weekend, little Ruby Joy made a surprise early appearance, officially making me an auntie!  Of course, I'm totally biased, but I think she is the most beautiful little girl in the world.

Seriously, how can you not love this cutie??

Sleeping Ruby





Being a first-time aunt, it got me thinking about the kind of aunt I want to be to my niece.  I started thinking of some "famous aunts," such as -


Auntie Mame












Aunt Polly (from "Pollyanna")









Patty and Selma









 Aunt Em

 In considering the qualities of these aunts, I realized that I have no desire to be a wealthy-socialite-chain-smoking-Kansas-farmer.  And sadly, I can't (yet lol) offer sweet little Ruby the connections of such famous aunts like Rosemary Clooney and Julia Roberts.....




But, I have been blessed with the greatest of examples myself, with my Aunt Linda and Aunt Iz.  They are both such loving, amazing women.  I hope that I can be as loving and fun an aunt to Ruby as they have been to me!

 To my beautiful niece, Ruby, I promise to always take you to Disney World, and I will even wait in line for an hour and a half for you to meet your favorite characters.  I promise to give you lots of hugs and kisses whenever I see you, and to always spoil you.  I promise I will always love you and be proud of you. 
And one thing's for sure, I will always have plenty of this:

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! Got me laughing out loud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! i really love this. i shall strive to follow your example :) only give her self-defense lessons, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tear! Thank you for loving her so much- she is going to adore you! What a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is lucky to have such wonderful Aunties who can each bring something unique and wonderful to the table. I can't wait till you meet her!

    ReplyDelete