Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

With a Little Help from My Friends

I'd like to introduce you to some friends of mine.

One is tap-dancing pharmaceutical salesman who agrees that what happened to Pluto is messed up.  The other is a psychic detective eccentric who looks good in jeans.

Oh, and did I mention their both characters from a TV show?.....


So, about 2 1/2 years ago, my sisters introduced me to the USA Network series "Psych" when I returned home from my mission.  It was actually the first TV I began watching (I finally caved and "broke the seal" after being home for a week and a half and not watching any TV), and once I saw my first episode ("American Duos" - see below)












 I was hooked.  Now in their 5th season, Shawn and Gus and the rest of the "Psych" gang have been my good friends through thick and thin, from the east to the west, continually keeping me smiling and laughing (and supplying me with the funniest quotations) no matter what life throws my way.






So, what is it about this show?  The friendship of Shawn and Gus?  Their endearing quirkiness to which it's so easy to relate?  The '80s references?  The pineapples?  The show's ability to find the humor and fun in every situation in life - from spelling bees, to high school reunions, to spanish soap operas?...



I know what you're thinking - "you are nuttier than a fruitcake and you need to get out and get a life and be with real people."  Ok, maybe you're right.....but, before you judge too harshly, watch a few episodes for yourself.  Then you'll know what I'm talking about when I say how I excitedly await each new episode every week and then watch them again on Hulu, or go through withdrawal when each season comes to an end, or buy each season on DVD, or feel like the world looks a little brighter after watching an episode.....


Yes, I am a BIG fan of delicious flavor. 








And to all my fellow "Psych-os", I give you the fist bump. :)

1 comment:

  1. maybe i need to start watching psyche before i leave. i had no idea it was on television that long!

    ReplyDelete