Live. Laugh. Sparkle.
Another blog. This one has sparkles.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Butt Dialed

I love my name.  Of course, it was sometimes annoying when I was younger (you try finding a little license plate with "Adele" on it to put on your bike), yet I never really had the desire to change it.  It was my great-aunt's first name, and she's actually who I am named after - a sweet, loving woman, I am honored that she is my namesake (and I can't wait to meet her someday, too!).  It's also my mother's middle name, which makes it even more special.  Oh, yes - and it begins with an "A," pretty much the coolest letter in the alphabet.

And I was stoked to find out that it's also the name of the heroines in both "The Majestic," and "The Legend of Bagger Vance" (hearing Matt Damon say your name is a thrilling experience, let me tell you!). 

As if life couldn't get any better, now there is a ridiculously talented and beautiful musician named Adele.  So now maybe the people at Jamba Juice will stop calling me "Add- ell-lay." 
While I love my name, there are some times when I would like to change it.  Like this afternoon.  You see, having a name that's at the beginning of the alphabet means that I'm usually at the top of most people's contact list on their phones.  Thus, I am very often butt dialed. 

I guess it's not so bad.  The 7-and-a-half minute voicemail message I got today that consisted of yelling children and other family sounds was easy to erase.  The 2-3am butt dialing that occurs during nights of craziness....well, that's a little bit more annoying.  But, I'll deal.

After all, it's a small price to pay for sharing a name with someone like this:

4 comments:

  1. Great post! And I love Adele's song! So many have posted it on facebook. LOVE you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thinking, you didn't mention the song about you that you sang when you were little: The Farmer and Adele . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I forgot about that one! Thanks for remembering. :)

    ReplyDelete